Frequently Asked Questions
What type of qualifications as necessary?
License and STCW Requirements
- Second issue or better 200+ gross ton license, near coastal minimum.
(Oceans endorsement preferred, No lnland, OSV or OUPV licenses please)
- Unlimited Radar Observer with ARPA endorsement
- STCW 95 endorsed as master, mate or watchstander forming part of a navigational watch,
proficient in the use of survival craft.
- Advanced Firefighting.
- Bridge Resource Management.
- GMDSS Radio Operator.
- Drug free letter (less than 1 month old)
- Current passport and vaccination card
Additional Desireable Qualifications
- Marine Engineers License
- Medical Person In Charge.
- Sail Endorsement over 200 GRT.
- Assistance Towing.
- Damage Control
- Current Small Arms Qualifications
- Current Anti-Piracy and Counter Terrorism Training.
- QMED or AB Document (no OSV's please)
- Marine electronics background
- Computer literate
What experience do I need?
We prefer retired Navy, Coast Guard or other professional mariners with a yachting background. The ideal candidate would be a boat owner themselves and understand all the systems aboard sail and motor yachts. This person should have experience operating in the intercoastal waterways, the east coast from Maine to south Florida and the Caribbean. Previous charter boat experience is desirable. This is a people oriented business and requires individuals who can interact with owners and their guests easily.
Do you have open positions?
Currently, there are no permanent positions available. If you have the necessary qualifications and experience and would like to submit your package, contact us via telephone.